January feels like an extreme time: For one thing, the holiday rush is over, so your social calendar may have freed up some time. On the other hand, there is no shortage of pressure to suddenly fill every spare second with new habits, resolutions, and yearly goals.
I’m not entirely against the resolution. If you use January to reevaluate or think about what you most want to accomplish in the next 365 days, and if the process genuinely brings you joy, good for you! I am all for it! On the other hand, if all the talk about overhauling what may have been a very comfortable and wonderful life fills you with anxiety, skip it! Goal setting, like striving for a balanced life, is highly personal.
That’s part of the reason we focus good vibes workout— our annual January workout plan — about nurturing joy and well-being. (The program starts on January 1st, but if you want to join, you can Sign up here to receive a free daily workout.) For many people (myself included!), a little exercise can bring some cheer to the cold, dreary days of this month. The workouts in this program are designed to lift your spirits so you feel energized no matter what the day throws at you. So, in that spirit, we created a playlist to pair with our Good Vibes routine.
The songs are very upbeat, mixing current hits with classic remixes. You’ll turn to new tracks from Beyonce, BLACKPINK, Adele, and The Chainsmokers, as well as old favorites like B-52’s “Love Shack” and The Temptations’ “Cloud Nine.” I hope this playlist encourages you to get moving, but most of all, I hope it puts you in a good mood throughout the day.
- “Feeling Good – Austin Millz Remix” by Nina Simone
- “I Love You” by The Chainsmokers
- “Stay With Me” by Calvin Harris with Justin Timberlake, Halsey, and Pharrell
- “Love and Appreciation – Radio Edit” by Agnes
- “California Dreamin’ by Chris Lorenzo.high doom
- “Here It Goes Again” by OK Go
- Cloud Nine – FKJ Remix by The Temptations
- “Don’t Stop the Music” by Rihanna
- “Love Shack – DJ Cummerbund Tik Toxic Remix” by B-52
- “Pump It Louder” by Black Eyed Peas Tiësto
- Taylor Swift’s “The Man”
- “Hear Me Say” by Jonas Blue, LÉON
- Beyoncé’s “Summer Renaissance”
- “Dirt Off Your Shoulder” by JAY-Z
- “Girlz Wanna Have Fun” by MATTN, Stavros Martina, Kevin D
- “Bulletproof” by La Roux, GAMPER and DADONI
- “Pink Venom” by BLACKPINK
- Masonic Whitney Houston’s “Million Dollar Bill – Masonic Radio Compilation”
- A ‘Walk in the Sun’ of Katrina and the Waves
- “Tongue Tie” by Grouplove
- Adele’s “Oh My God”