Sunny. High 36F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph..
Mainly clear skies. Low 17F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Updated: December 20, 2022 @ 8:39 am
• Take one day at a time. Check the day of the week and the date.
• Step outside, or take a walk. Open a window, if weather permits.
• Bring joy to your home: Gather pictures of family, friends or nature. Put up a painting or decoration. Put fresh or artificial flowers in a vase. Open the shades/blinds.
• Find an activity that you enjoy. Restart an old hobby, or try something new: puzzles, painting, crafting, cards, reading, crosswords, listening to music.
• Do NOT watch too much news.
• Watch something funny that gives you a chuckle, like an old rerun, movie or comedian. Laughter is the best medicine.
• Schedule time and manageable ways to stay in touch with family, friends and/or neighbors. Put it on the calendar, so you can look forward to it. In-person interaction is great, but phone calls, letters and cards are good, too.
• Talk with people you trust and share your feelings and needs. Don’t be afraid to ask someone for help.
• Use communication technologies such as video chat to help keep you engaged and connected. If you’re not tech-savvy, ask someone you know or find staff at your local public library or community center.
• Introduce yourself to your neighbors. Visit the community center, if there’s one where you live.
• Find a faith-based organization where you can deepen your spirituality and engage with others in activities and events.
• Check out resources and programs at your local social service agencies, town offices, community and senior centers, and public libraries.
Kendall Snow was a social worker for 50 years, helping countless clients cope with the sorrows and stressors that life brings.
Sorry, an error occurred.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Sign up with
Thank you .
Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in.
Check your email for details.
Invalid password or account does not exist
Sign in with
Submitting this form below will send a message to your email with a link to change your password.
An email message containing instructions on how to reset your password has been sent to the e-mail address listed on your account.
Secure & Encrypted
Secure transaction. Cancel anytime.
Your purchase was successful, and you are now logged in.
A receipt was sent to your email.