Do you also know the characteristics of gooseberries, but dare not eat them, because their taste is very sour and a bit bitter. But this Amla is both bitter and beneficial. We all know how beneficial Amla is to our health, but we fail to take advantage of its benefits. So today we will tell you the recipe of amla jaggery halwa after which you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of amla easily.
Amla is popular all over the world as a “super fruit”. That’s no surprise—a 100-gram serving of fresh gooseberries contains as much vitamin C as 20 oranges. Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry.
Amla is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iron and Calcium. Due to its rich nutritional value, it is very beneficial to our health. Now, even knowing so many properties, you can’t eat Amla just because of its taste. So let us tell you the recipe of Amla and Jaggery Halwa. Not only is it good for your health, but the taste will make you start licking your fingers.
Also read this – 2023 is the year of millet, let’s make good use of millet ladu this winter, pay attention to its benefits and recipes
To make Amla Halwa you need
AMLA – 500 kg
Raw Sugar – 500 kg
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Almonds – 5 to 6
Cashews – 5 to 6
Raisins – 5 to 6
How to Prepare Coarse Currant Pudding
- First, wash the gooseberries. After that boil them.
- After the gooseberries are boiled, the seeds are separated, the pulp is mashed and placed in a container for whipping.
- After that, the mashed gooseberries are added to the pan and cooked with jaggery and ghee over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When it starts to turn light brown in color, add the raisins, almonds and ground cardamom.
- Continue to simmer until the pudding is completely thickened.
- When it thickens, take it out of the gas and let it cool.
- This halwa looks totally shiny and fluffy.store it in an airtight jar
- If you eat two scoops of this gooseberry pudding in the morning, you will hardly have any health problems throughout the year.
Find out why gooseberry pudding is good for you here
1. Increase immunity
Amla is rich in vitamin C, which helps boost immunity. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that reduces cell damage and reduces inflammation. It also helps produce antibodies and immune cells.
2. Lower blood sugar levels
The mineral chromium present in amla can help manage diabetes. Chromium helps lower blood sugar levels by increasing insulin sensitivity.
3. Nourishes hair
Amla is rich in vitamin C, amino acids, tannins and essential fatty acids to nourish the hair. Amla oil can help strengthen hair follicles and prevent dandruff. It also acts as a natural conditioner, helping hair grow and preventing premature graying.
4. Maintain healthy skin
Amla is considered the best choice for anti-aging. It contains a lot of collagen, which makes the skin firm and soft. Antioxidants in amla help reduce wrinkles and prevent premature aging
5. Improves Digestive Health
Amla is a great source of fiber, which helps reduce digestive issues like constipation or diarrhea.
6. Good for the eyes
Consumption of amla is known to improve all eye health and reduce the risk of cataracts, glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration.
Also read this – Can almond oil be used for cooking?let us know all about it