Blue hair looks trendy and many people dream of having this hair color. However, if you want to change your hair color, bleaching blue hair is the only option. But how can you bleach blue dye in your hair? Blue dye is a highly pigmented color and removing it from hair can be a challenge. But don’t worry. This article discusses how to easily remove blue from hair. Follow these 7 easy ways to bleach blue hair.
How do you bleach blue hair dye
1. Bleach bath to remove dye
One bleach bath is the most effective way to remove blue dye from hair. It is prepared by using bleach and shampoo. Bleach is a harsh chemical and requires some extra precautions when using it. Also, you will see better results if done by a professional. If you want to bleach your hair yourself, follow all instructions carefully to avoid any damage to your hair.
How to do it
- Mix bleaching powder with 20 volumes of peroxide in a 1:1 ratio.
- Mix equal amounts of shampoo.
- Wet your hair and wipe off any excess water with a towel.
- Apply the mixture from the tips to the roots.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair with water.
- If you feel your hair is too dry, add some extra moisture with a conditioner or hot oil treatment.
|tip: Make sure you wear gloves when handling the bleach and don’t leave the bleach on your hair for more than half an hour.|
2. Rinse hair with anti-dandruff shampoo
Anti-dandruff shampoos have clarifying properties that can easily remove hair color without causing any damage. if you combine it with baking soda, this combination works well to remove all color stains from hair. So, this is a great way to speed up the removal of blue hair dye from your hair. It takes 10 to 15 washes to fade all the color on the hair. So, use this mixture every time you wash your mane to quickly remove blue hair dye.
How to do it
- Make a semi-thick paste with 1/2 cup baking soda and some water.
- Wash your hair with an anti-dandruff shampoobut leave the shampoo on your hair for 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Smear the baking soda on your head.
- Let it sit on your hair for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse the paste with warm water.
3. Wash your dyed blue hair with white vinegar
Washing dyed blue hair with mixed white vinegar Warm water is the best natural way to remove hair color. Whiter vinegars are acidic and help break down the hair dye, thereby gradually removing the dye from the hair until it disappears.
How to do it
- Prepare a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water.
- Pour the mixture over your head to saturate your hair.
- Cover hair with shower cap and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse hair with lukewarm water, then use any deep conditioner.
|tip: Do not use apple cider vinegar in place of white vinegar, as ACV is less acidic and will not be effective in removing dye from hair.|
4. Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo
If the blue dye in your hair is semi-permanent, washing your hair with any clarifying shampoo works best. It will deep clean your hair and remove stubborn product buildup from your scalp. Make sure to apply it all over your head and let it sit for a few minutes to dissolve the dye. The number of washes required to remove the dye depends on the blue concentration you are applying.Also, apply a deep conditioner rinse your hair to keep your hair from drying out.
|notes: It takes 10 to 15 times to wash off all the dye from your hair. Also, limit the use of thermal styling tools to prevent further damage.|
5. Use dish soap or liquid
Dish soap or dishwashing liquid contains alkaline compounds with cleaning properties that can remove dirt and debris. Dish Soap Can Remove A Lot Of Color From Your Hair.
How to do it
- Prepare the mixture with equal parts shampoo and dishwashing liquid.
- Apply the mixture to wet hair and leave on for at least 10 minutes to allow the mixture to work on the blue dye.
- Dishwashing liquid contains a lot of sulfates, which can cause hair breakage. So, rinse off with lukewarm water, then apply a conditioner to give your hair the necessary moisture.
This mixture requires multiple applications to fully lighten the color on the hair.
6. Vitamin C tablets for blue dye removal
You can use vitamin C tablets or gels to prepare a mixture that will help lighten blue dye in your hair. The citric acid in the vitamin C tablet/gel will break down the hair dye, making it easier to fall out of the hair. It works best on semi-permanent dyes and brightens the shade with every wash.
How to do it
- Prepare a crushed vitamin C paste with 3 to 4 tablespoons of shampoo.
- Apply this paste to damp hair and cover with a shower cap.
- Leave the paste on hair for about 20 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Moisturize hair with conditioner.
This method also requires multiple applications to completely remove the blue dye from the hair.
7. Expose your hair to the sun
The most natural way to remove blue dye from hair is to expose it to the sun. However, this is the slowest process and has the lowest success rate. This process works best if you haven’t bleached your hair before dyeing it blue, and your hair is dark. After a few days of sun exposure, you will notice a noticeable tint of the color. Wear sunscreen when you go out to avoid sunburn and don’t cover your hair with a scarf or hat.
- You can use a bleach bath to remove blue dye from your hair.
- Anti-dandruff or clarifying shampoos can also remove blue dye from hair.
- White vinegar or dish soap can also help remove blue dye.
- You can use a vitamin C tablet to remove blue dye from your hair, or simply stand in the sun.
Blue is a highly pigmented hair color that can be difficult to remove. However, you can try bleaching blue hair to make it lighter. The main thing to remember when bleaching blue hair is that you don’t want to damage it. As mentioned above, the best options for you to try are bleach baths, anti-dandruff shampoo rinses, white vinegar washes, clarifying shampoos, using dishwashing liquid or liquid soap, or vitamin C tablets. The best hair lightening method of these is a bleach bath. It effectively removes blue hair pigment without damaging the hair. You can also try sunbathing to lighten your hair, but it’s not as effective as other methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Color Can Offset Blue Hair?
Orange counteracts blue hair because it’s directly opposite blue on the color wheel. However, any color opposite blue with orange undertones will do the job.
Can you go from blue to blonde?
Yes. According to stylists, blue is a stubborn color. However, you can turn blonde after bleaching your blue hair.
Will blue hair turn green?
Yes. Blue hair can fade to an unpleasant green hue as the bleached yellow undertone reacts with the blue and turns green. Chlorine and salt water can also add green to your blue hair.
What happens if you put purple shampoo on blue hair?
Purple shampoo can remove yellow undertones from the bleaching process and prevent blue hair from fading to green.